2011-02-13

T.K.



This is a painting that I'm thinking about submitting to the Women in Animation show that's coming up. It's my first attempt at gouache, and also the first piece I've ever signed with my future "married" name! I think I'll just start signing stuff "T.K." I think it has a nice ring to it 8-) It probably doesn't really matter, but I always did hate the Helton part of my name. It's just so damn clunky! I used to hate signing my work. "Natasha Helton" just doesn't have a nice ring to it.

That said, I'm going to be updating my blog soon with my new name and with a new color scheme. Any suggestions are appreciated :)

I'm going to do 2 more of these! Keep an eyeball out, and thanks for reading!

5 comments:

Boogervampire said...

Well done, my gouache-y young padawan. I think T.K. works nicely. It's simple and doesn't take up a lot of space on a painting.

Natasha Kline said...

Thank you, Boogery Master! I was thinking of you when I painted this, and how you told me that Leo Hobaica says that if your painting ends up shiny, you're doing it wrong. Needless to say, mine looks like plastic wrap! Haha :) You'll have to give me a proper tutorial someday, oh master of the paint brush!

Unknown said...

You and your sis both have K last names.

Unknown said...

when i have a child can i have this for his/her room?? it's so cool!

mrkvalheim said...

Well I'm glad you're digging on your new upcoming name... mine had to grow on me, I have to admit. Kvalheim is a bit clunky too. Feh! I love the two trailing eyeballs in this one, it gives the piece some symmetry, which I love. It looked GREAT framed too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...