2012-01-24

A Thought For My 70th Post

Some good advice...



Not giving a fuck and just doing, despite what the negative inner (or outer) voices tell you is key to any art practice. People may think I suck, but who really gives a shit? Not me. I keep making stuff anyway. I don't want to confine my self-worth or habits to what society or critics deem necessary or proper. The most restricting thing you could ever do to yourself is listen to the trollings of other people. So... Make stuff! Make stuff for you, and make stuff until your house is filled with it.

Then post it on the interwebs so I can have a look at it, too! ;)

Make stuff, share it, talk about others making stuff. Rinse wash, repeat. I think this is the key to a fulfilling art life!

2 comments:

Micah said...

This doesn't just fit artistic endeavors either. If you want to make something trying remarkable, you can't give a fuck. Remarkable things offend people, are different, and people don't understand at first.. And who do you know that likes to be offended, do things differently, and be made to feel stupid? (other than your crazy artist friends)

Boogervampire said...

Here, Here, Foo!! Go on with your wise ass, not giving a shit self!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...